the lurk hath arrived
Bishop Telemark has collaborated with San Juan Sticks out of Silverton, Colorado to bring you a modern, high-performance take on an ancient skiing tradition.
Designed, engineered, and manufactured by Bishop Telemark in the Vail Valley, this lurk can easily be separated in half into two poles with the press of a button. The poles can then be used for backcountry travel, the lift line, or navigating tight trees. They are made of hardwood, perfect flex and strength for leaning on while turning but not for swinging like traditional ski poles. Tested and refined by Bishop Athlete Marshell "King of the Lurk" Thompson @mellomar deep in the San Juan Mountains.
- Durable hardwood that flexes perfectly to best support your turn
- Lightweight, strong aircraft-grade machined aluminum connector to easily and quickly transform from a single lurk to two ski poles and back
- Stainless steel spikes on each end provide grip on ice and hard snow when separated into two shorter poles for climbing or the lift line
- Lizard Skins wrap provides grip regardless of the conditions you find yourself in on your tele-ventures
- Super fun surfy feel!
- Great for Beginners to Experts
- Creates a strong upper body posture
- Allows you to lean into the hillside and carve aggressively
- A solid tool to improve back foot weighting issues or losing balance
These are general guidelines, and when in doubt best to go down to the shorter size. The Lurk Size is approximately from the end of one ball to the other when fully assembled.
|SKIER HEIGHT||LURK SIZE|
|5'7" - 6'||100"|