Current Job Openings
Looking for a dynamic, growth-oriented career in the ski industry with flexibility, hybrid work, and time to shred pow? Work the dream in a ski town. We’re looking for a dynamic, motivated individual to join our small fun-loving team, working closely with the owner as the Operations Manager.
The Operations Manager plays a very significant role in our small, dynamic organization assuring our business operates in the most efficient and productive ways. Key to this role is the ability to collaboratively problem solve; innovate and develop processes that support/streamline our business. A perfect candidate should have analytical and practical skills, but most importantly, a strong work/play ethic and willingness to adapt, learn, and collaborate. This position can grow into a General Manager with profit sharing and ownership potential.
As a winter snowsports company, you will work and play hard from September to May, and then have more flexibility and lighter hours in the off-season, which generally translates into a four-day work week. We are a results-oriented workplace. Work time is generally flexible and includes Powder Hours (6”+ reported) to ride. Much of the work must be done in the Edwards Commercial Park shop, but remote work is possible, especially during the late spring and summer.
Responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing order fulfillment and shipping
- Supplier and new product development
- Purchasing and receiving of parts and products
- Inventory management - physical and online.
- Manufacturing (management of workflow and assemblers)
- Retail sales at our shop
- Bookkeeping in Quickbooks related to these duties
We are looking for:
- Strong work ethic
- Awesome organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication
- Mechanical aptitude
- QuickBooks experience is a plus but not required
Salary range: $40k - $55k+, commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Flexible schedule, powder hours, remote work, generous vacation, access to a health care plan, ski pass financing/support, Pro Deals throughout the outdoor industry.
Sales and Marketing Manager
Are you looking for an exciting role in the ski industry with flexibility and hybrid work?
Do you want a fun workplace with time to play in the mountains?
Join our small but mighty team as we develop and grow. We’re seeking someone who can bring sales and marketing energy, and focus to our growing telemark skiing brand. The person in this role will work closely with the owner, with ample opportunity to learn and advance in responsibilities and roles in our small manufacturing company.
Work time is generally flexible with remote work and some core days and times at the shop in Edwards, and includes Powder Hours (6”+ and we don’t start till noon). This position definitely allows for remote work.
Initially, we are looking for 3-4 days a week, 2-4 hours per day for an average of 6-16 hours per week. We are busiest at the shop from September to May, with a little lighter load of planning and preparation June-August. The role will grow as you help us grow.
Responsibilities will include:
- Sales support and development: direct and wholesale
- Website (Shopify): backend management, updates, content, SEO, blog
- Email newsletter
- Social media strategy and management (not necessarily posting)
- Advertising support (graphic design can be outsourced)
- On-snow demo coordination and some attendance
- Event coordination and management
- You are the first in your friend group to hear about a new social media app, trend, or challenge
- You are always noticing advertisements around you, and you love dissecting whether or not they are effective
- You are competitive and always want to win, even if it’s just a card game at lunch
- Your planner is filled with goals that you want to accomplish today, this week, and this year
- You can convince people to do things
Pay range: $20-25/hr to start, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Flexible schedule, ski pass financing/support, Pro Deals throughout the outdoor industry
Mechanical Assembler (short-term gig)
Looking for a short-term gig in the ski industry? Need a little extra $$$?
Help us for a few months during shoulder season to assemble the most badass telemark bindings on the planet!
We’re looking for a few fun local people to listen to music and help assemble our telemark ski bindings. Some mechanical skills are useful as you will be assembling shafts, screws, etc. Work is flexible, but generally between 10 am - 4 pm Monday through Friday at our shop in the Edwards Commercial Park. We are looking for a commitment of at least 40 hours total.
Skill requirements include using small power tools, mostly assembling with screws, and a few light drilling and pressing operations. We like to have fun, chat, listen to tunes, and we will occasionally provided lunch along with after-work beverages.
Check out us and our gear at www.bishoptelemark.com
Pay range: $16-18/hr DOE
Benefits: Telemark community vibes and Bishop Telemark product (Skis, Bindings, shwag) at cost.